Financial Assistance for Individuals

This information can change, please double-check sources for information, and continue to monitor sources or back here for updates.


ModestNeeds.Org:  Self-Sufficiency Grants for individuals and families who are working and live just above the poverty level and are ineligible for most types of conventional social assistance. At least one adult member of household must be employed. The primary (largest) source of income for each applicant's household must be either income earned from employment; or child support payments; or Veteran's Benefits; or retirement income.                                                 


Oregon Worker Relief Fund: The fund provides temporary disaster relief to Oregonians with financial need and who are excluded from the federal unemployment insurance program due to their immigration status.                                                                                                                     

Grocery Worker's Relief Fund: Kendall-Jackson has partnered with United Way Worldwide, pledging $2 million through August 2030 to create the Grocery Worker’s Relief Fund. The fund is administered by United Way Worldwide and provides emergency support to grocery workers to ease their financial challenges. Beginning October 1, 2020, eligible grocery workers in the United States can apply to receive up to $250 in the form of a cash card.


Oregon Kinship Navigator: A statewide resource and referral service for grandparents raising grandchildren and other relative caregivers. Whether you need legal help, access to services, or to find support for you and your family, OKN was created to help you find answers.


Give Essential: A national organization that provides essential items to front line workers. Individuals and organizations can donate to this organization. It is also an organization that is run by all volunteers and is looking for additional volunteers.


Family Meal: Family Meal provides financial relief grants to Oregon food service and agricultural workers in medical crises. Family Meal does not pay any medical expenses. Grant funds are dispersed as direct payments to third-party providers such as rental agencies and utility companies.


Restaurant Workers' Community Foundation: RWCF provides resources for restaurant workers, including an online application for direct assistance through their financial assistance partner, Southern Smoke


Veteran Resource Navigator: The Oregon Department of Veterans’ Affairs has developed a new online tool to help guide veterans and their families in recovery in the wake of the economic crisis caused by COVID-19 and to inform them of any changes to their earned benefits. The Veteran Resource Navigator is designed to assist veterans from all walks of life in finding the federal, state and local resources that are most needed for their unique circumstances in 2020.


Sweet Relief COVID-19 Musicians Relief Fund: As of September 2022, Sweet Relief is no longer accepting new applications for COVID-19 relief. Sweet Relief is here to provide immediate assistance and we have created this DONOR-DIRECTED FUND with a limited amount of funds available to be used specifically for musicians and music industry workers affected by the Coronavirus. Funds raised will go towards medical expenses, lodging, clothing, food and other vital living expenses to those impacted due to sickness or loss of work.


Musicians Assistance Program: (Oregon & Clark County, WA) Even when we’re not accepting applications for COVID-19 grants, the JWF social services team can help you navigate and access assistance through local, state, and national programs. Contact: (503) 498-8206 or 


Pandemic Mobility Support Program: Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) is partnering with Transportation Network Companies (TNCs) such as Uber, Lyft and taxi companies to provide free rides for critical trips. Essential workers, caregivers making home visits to older adults, people living with disabilities and other high risk populations confined to their homes, and families needing support transporting groceries, laundry and other bulk items may be eligible. No more free travel coupons are available at this time but individuals should continue to monitor the site linked for any new updates. 


COVID-19 Funeral Assistance: FEMA is providing financial assistance for COVID-19 related funeral expenses after January 20, 2020. Please visit the website or call 844-684-6333/ TTY: 800-462-7585, Monday-Friday 9a-9p EST.


For need-specific resources, please contact us.