This information can change, please double-check sources for information, and continue to monitor sources or back here for updates.
Governor Brown’s Executive Order 20-03 dated March 8, 2020, outlined new requirements of mental health providers to reduce the spread of COVID-19. These requirements, effective March 31, 2020, include:
- Restrict visitation of non-essential individuals.
- Screen 100% of essential individuals prior to entry into the building, consistent with screening criteria.
- Limit or restrict visitation of essential individuals.
- Limit points of entry to programs to ensure appropriate signage and check-in stations are accessible. 4 OHA 2275 (4/7/2020)
- Except for emergency responders, allow only two essential visitors per resident at a given time.
- If an essential visitor meets screening criterion above or is under the age of 12, the program must prohibit the visit.
- All essential visitors must be educated to:
- Use good hand hygiene: before entering room, wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds, or clean hands with alcohol-based hand sanitizer and avoid touching face
- Use good respiratory etiquette: cover coughs and sneezes with elbow and use and dispose of tissue properly.
- Restrict community outings off hospital campus.