This information can change, please double-check sources for information, and continue to monitor sources or back here for updates.
Federal level of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) released a new Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS) to limit COVID-19 transmission in workplaces. The summary of the ETS released by OSHA can be found here.
Summary of Key Points:
- States may choose to adopt their own rules under a Federally approved State Plan at least as restrictive as the federal ETS.
- At this time, Oregon OSHA is reviewing the federal ETS and will issue additional information in the coming weeks.
- The ETS applies to all private employers with 100 or more employees company-wide.
- This includes full-time, part-time and temporary employees.
- The ETS does NOT apply to fully remote workers or workers who work outdoors exclusively.
- The ETS requires all employers to develop and enforce a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
- Under the ETS, as of 12/05/21, all unvaccinated employees will be required to wear a mask in the workplace.
- Under the ETS, as of 01/04/22, all employees must be full vaccinated or tested for COVID-19 weekly.