Pandemic School Meal Replacement Benefits
The PEBT program has begun adding payments to people's card for the 2020-21 school year. If you have not received your card and/or balance by August 15, 2021, please call the Oregon Dept of Human Services PEBT hotline at 503-945-6481. This line is open Monday through Friday, 9am-6pm.
PEBT or Pandemic EBT is a program which provides food benefits to families whose children would receive free or reduced price meals under the National School Lunch Act if not for school closures. This round of PEBT funding is more inclusive than the previous round and applications are still being accepted. If you and your family have lost income in the last year you may now qualify for future PEBT benefits. Please contact your school for more information on the application process.
- Students at schools that participate in the National School Lunch Program, and
- Are eligible for free/reduced meals (this includes schools or districts where the entire student body receives free/reduced meals) OR
- For children 5 and under; Received SNAP at any time since October 1, 2020 and
- Lives in a county that has reduced or closed schools OR
- For children aged 6 who are not yet in school, Received SNAP at any time since October 1, 2020 and
- Have verifiable attendance at a childcare center with reduced hours or closures due to COVID-19
Benefits will be awarded in Full, Partial or No Benefit, determined by the county's open/closed status each month. Full benefit amounts to $136/per child/ per month. Partial is $75/per child/ per month. Benefits will be issued between the 22nd & 30th of each month. Payments made in July will cover Oct-Dec 2020. Those issued in August will cover Jan-Mar 2021. And the final payments issued in September will cover Apr-May of 2021.
Unlike previous issuance, each child will receive a separate PEBT card this time. If you already had a PEBT card, benefits will be issued on that card. If you need a replacement card, please contact Oregon Trail Card Replacement line at 1-855-328-6715 or email at email@example.com
PEBT is separate program for SNAP and will not count as public charge.
For more information please visit the DHS PEBT website.